Friday, June 3, 2011

Session 5

Today I am current with everything that is out as of right now. It's always nice to be caught up and on top of things. Any way I found a few good tunes for you to check out.

Vampires Everywhere: Kiss the Sun Goodbye - I stumbled upon this album in Hot Topic and being the big vampire fan I am bought it on a whim. I was glad to find a pretty cool album. There is a good mix of metal and goth influence going on with Vampires. The vocals vary between two vocalists that go between singing and screaming. The screaming is right on the edge of what I would normally pass on but the music makes it worth figuring out the lyrics in my opinion. There are no real standout tracks on this album but I have enjoyed the whole album. Look forward to seeing what comes next from Vampires. Overall I give it a 3/5.

Flogging Molly: Speed of Darkness - Flogging Molly is a group I more recently started listening to in the past year or so. I picked up Speed of Darkness with some high expectations and was a little let down with this one. A well rounded album that keeps up the signature sound the group has but just didn't seem as good as previous albums that I have enjoyed. There are no tracks that really seem to stand out on this one. Overall I give it a 2.5/5.

Egypt Central: White Rabbit - This is the big winner this week in my book. I first heard Egypt Central years ago but never picked up their first album after only hearing one single from it. This will be their second album and I have to say it's a really good one. There are four tracks that really jumped out at me from the first listen through. Ghost Town, White Rabbit, Kick Ass and Change are the track names to know from this album. Overall I'm giving this one a 4/5.

No comments:

Post a Comment