Sunday, May 22, 2011

Session 3

So this one comes way late and will have me playing catch up for next week as well. There is a however quite a few albums in this one. I'll be keeping these short so as not to bog the post down. In the long run your opinion of the music is what matters these are just my thoughts on it.

Rise Against End Game - Rise Against makes another solid album with End Game. The sound they are known for continues on allowing them to still standout well from other similar bands and would be imitators. While there are a couple stand out tracks on this album I don't feel they are much stronger they the majority of the album itself though. Listen in for the first two tracks Architects and Help is on the Way. Overall I give it a 3/5.

A Skylit Drive Identity on Fire - Not a lot of changes to note with the newest album from A Skylit Drive. They continue to pump out some good songs but turn up the intensity with some more aggressive vocals which was a cool to hear. A good album overall though I didn't really find any real gems on this one. Overall I give it a 3/5.

Sleeping with Sirens Let's Cheers to This - This album ends up being a hit or miss depending on if you like similar groups like A Skylit Drive. Sirens is not as intense as similar bands but still has some good songs to offer such as Who Are You Now and Fire. Others seem to be over done ideas like A Trophy Father's Trophy Son or a little cheesy like Your Nickle Ain't Like My Dime. It is still worth giving a good chance to and I think will grow on me with time like a lot of albums do. Overall I give it a 3/5.

The Downtown Fiction Let's Be Animals -  This is just a fun album. The music is light and not fraught with tons emotion. For me it has been a refreshing revival of earlier fun groups from the 90's like Eve 6 and Third Eye Blind but with their own style of doing it. Three great tracks that come off this one are Thanks for Nothing, Animals and I Just Wanna Run. Overall this one gets a 3.5/5.

D.R.U.G.S. Self Titled - Standing for Destroy Rebuild Until God Shows is a great new band to hit the scene. They have a good style that follows current rock/metal trends while still being separate enough for them to stand out in the crowd of similar artists. Tracks to listen for on this album are If You Think This Song is about You it is, The Only Thing You Talk About, Graveyard Dancing and I'm the Rehab Your the Drugs. Overall I give it 3.5/5.

I See Stars The End of the World Party - I can't figure out ultimately what this group is. After listening through the album a few times all I can come up with is Pop rock Electronic Metal. The sound blends well actually with the exception of the screaming vocalist who seems out of place at almost all the points where he's in. There are no real stand out tracks but I think this group has potential to be much better once they figure out their sound and mature a little more a group. Overall a 2.5/5.

No comments:

Post a Comment